There’s so much ugliness lately—particularly at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue—so it’s important to remember that social media can still teach us to share, embrace, and learn from joy.
1. Be amazed by everything, since everything is amazing.
When your phone's on shuffle and Marvins Room comes on pic.twitter.com/wj146G3JgA
— Texts from my dog (@dogtextings) November 5, 2016
2. Don’t presume a lack of kindness until you give someone a chance.
Thought homie was tryna hide some loud or somethin in his hands but.. pic.twitter.com/FmKaYMe25N
— adrian (@MrSapes) April 17, 2015
3. Find joy in the joy of others. Find pain in their pain. It’s that simple.
My sister proposed to her GF today and look at that older woman's reaction pic.twitter.com/ifFl3mJNAr
— Carlos Shook (@AreYouShook) December 18, 2016
4. Be kind to others. You don’t know what they’ve been through.
It's so cold outside and my dad gave away his sweater to a homeless man. Like I said more people like him are needed pic.twitter.com/6NDIlne05Q
— Vanillafuerte (@valeria_fuerte) November 27, 2016
5. Be the security blanket that someone needs.
My dog was terrified of the fireworks so my cat went and cuddled up with her my heart is crying still pic.twitter.com/qiItzmHJDh
— Vic (@viceves) July 5, 2016
6. Always be gracious. And also like whatever the hell you want, regardless of what others think.
i bought a phone case online but didnt realize it was for a 6 plus so i gave it to my dad he loves it pic.twitter.com/nbJdvKoOLo
— TAYLOR (@tmackisey) August 2, 2016
7. Don’t be afraid of strangers, no matter how different they seem.
Actual got a strangers dog sitting next to me on this train ahhaha pic.twitter.com/sVfREvVjFx
— Domenica (@_domenica00) December 18, 2016
8. When you find love, hold it tightly.
Me and my sister tried to teach my parents how to swim and this what they did the whole time pic.twitter.com/P0adSL9lJ8
— Olivia (@_Downtomarsgirl) May 29, 2016
9. No accomplishment is too small.
YO MY SON JUST GRADUATED FROM SCHOOL!!!!! LMAO pic.twitter.com/rOzW3MIxxb
— serg (@surrgee) April 21, 2016
10. Find your passion, and go with it.
I just want someone who looks at me the way my brother looks at ketchup pic.twitter.com/gDcrGcjG13
— Anicca 👩🏾🔬 (@13adh13) January 23, 2016